tiistai 11. lokakuuta 2011

Stupidity all over a civilized society


I've finally lost all of my possible faith in the law enforcement today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ubSAmNc6--s As you can see from this video, they have nothing better to do than hunt some novice trolls. Now I admit two things.
 1 ) I do enjoy trolling.
 2) I find trolling like that disgusting, so I can assure that I am not feeling any solitary empathy towards the man.

Okay so the man is 25 years old. We all are propably thinking that he should know better, how childish of him, bla bla bla... Now lets see, he got 18 weeks in the jail and 5 years of "Antisocial"-whatever preventing him from using social media and so on. This looks like a huge overshoot to me. Why is action only taken against him? Because he is 25 years old? Because he is fat? Now we can see virtually everyone hating on him thanks to the Media raping his privacy rights. I am fairly sure that everyone knows how troll-infested those memorial pages can be, so I find that hunting a single individual down is straight out retarded. If he gets a judgement for that, I think that everyone who trolls on the memorial pages should be arrested and their name/picture/all should be spread by the Media then.

Some points I come across:
1) Someone gets killed like... Every minute? Someone gets raped like... Every minute? Someone is thinking about a suicide thanks to bullying right now. Do the cops really have nothing else to do than track a novice troll?
2) Why the Hell didn't the admins of the page just ignore/block him, that doesn't take too long + They're obviously bitter, but I think that they took it on the wrong person.
3) Internet trolling seems to be taken far too seriously, considering that there are more real life issues with bulling and being offensive. Of course that can (and in many cases propably will) follow them to the Internet, but seriously, why do people not take action on "real life bullies" instead of some pesky Internet bully?

Now lets see, the man is 25 years old, definitely not the prettiest boy on the yard. Is jailing him the right option? Judging from that and the nature of his trolling I can fairly accurately guess that he has some mental / self-esteem-issues. So yeah, this is the exact proof of people targeting the weak and punishing them instead of solving the actual problems.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti